RE: Canadian-made fashions now available in Quinte
QUINTE WEST, ON - Sassy Classy Fashion, a Canadian-made women's fashion company, based out of Quinte West, has just launched their website to North America. Their aim is to provide women with functional, versatile and comfortable clothing that has quality and care put into every stitch.
Sassy Classy has been a slow building company since 2008 where it began as a dream of an ambitious teenage girl. The owner, Rachel Herrington, fell in love with fabric and fashion design at a young age when she landed her first and only job at a fabric store. “I took in every opportunity I could to build my knowledge and skills,” said Herrington. “At the age of 22 I had 7 years of experience in the field and knew it was time to turn my dream into a reality.”
Rachel has strong views against overseas manufacturing and through research she found that only 25% of companies in the fashion industry manufacture within Canada, the remaining 75% of manufacturing is done overseas. Although this cuts down on costs, and allows for cheaper products for customers, in the end it provides the customer with an article of clothing that is often not satisfactory and low in quality.
'It’s wonderful to try and create a product at low cost for the customer, but not when it starts to affect the quality of how it’s made,' said owner Rachel Herrington. 'Having a product that is low in quality makes it more disposable but clothing is a necessity and should last. Why make it disposable when it’s something we are always going to need?'
Rachel's main goal is to create a leading fashion company that is 100% Canadian owned, operated and manufactured. This will provide more jobs for Canadians and allow for proper inspections of products to be done, resulting in a higher quality made product. Sassy Classy Fashion strives to provide women with clothing that is comfortable, practical and versatile to every woman's unique style. Their clothing is designed to meet the fast-paced lives of women today providing them with stylish, quick to wear clothing without sacrificing affordability or quality. Online Orders and photos of this seasons fashions are available through their website at www.sassyclassyfashion.ca
- About Us
- Business Directory