Ontario PCs release their 2018 election platform “the People’s Guarantee“
This past weekend, the Ontario PC Party released their platform, The People’s Guarantee, the first to be released among the major political parties. The document highlights accountability and affordability as key themes and details five measures that the PC Party promises to achieve within their first mandate, if elected:
– 22.5% lower income taxes for the middle class;
– 75% refund for child care expenses;
– 12% reduction in the average residential hydro bill;
– $1.9 billion commitment for mental health; and
– A Trust, Integrity, and Accountability Act.
In October, the Ontario Chamber of Commerce released Vote Prosperity, a platform for the 2018 provincial election campaign. The release of our platform nine months prior to the election was intended to ensure that all parties have an opportunity to address the most important issues to business within their own platforms.